10.11.2007

Fall is here!


The first rush of cool weather always gets me excited. It finally feels like fall is here. We were glad to be invited by Katie (Stephens) Prince and her children, Hudson and Caroline, to go with them to the pumpkin patch. We enjoyed story time and a walk through the pumpkins.

We are feeling a bit more settled in Macon now, as our house is becoming more of a home and faces are becoming more familiar. I (Katherine) am going to try to start giving more updates on our life instead of making this blog a shrine of Mary Kate, even though some people are much more interested in pictures of Mary Kate (hint--the Grandmothers).
Let's see...what's been happening? We had a great Young Life Banquet on Monday night with Ash as the speaker, so you know he did a good job. A lot of the comments at the end of the night were "Oh, now I get what Young Life is." Joel has been busy meeting with people in the community, which is really fun for him. He has also loved getting to know the guys at Stratford Academy. After almost 9 years of being a volunteer leader, I have decided to step back this year. Instead, I am focusing on ministering to the girl leaders. God has really affirmed me in this as He is blessing me with some great opportunities to love on them. However, I feel like I am going through teenager withdrawal since I am not teaching or leading. I am hoping to start subbing in the high schools one day a week once all of my paperwork is cleared. I have enjoyed going to a Beth Moore Bible Study on Wednesday mornings. We are studying Daniel and it is awesome. I so desire to be more like Daniel, but God is showing me how much I am still like King Nebuchadnezzar-prideful, hard-headed, self-centered and content. If my family is reading this, that's no surprise to them. Praise God for His GRACE!

2 comments:

robin k said...

This Grandmama LOVES the Mary Kate pictures. But she also loves what you wrote. I haven't seen the Nebuchadnezzer side you're talking about. But I do see a tender heart towards the Lord!

r.m. said...

Um, aunties love pictures of MK too...