11.23.2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


We hope that everyone has had a great Thanksgiving! Anna and Dalton, we missed you tons, but we're really looking forward to seeing you in about a month. We're so thankful for ya'll and your ministry in New Zealand. We wanted to say a special hello to Mary Kate's #1 fan in Macon, Laura Jane Wall, the best Young Life Intern. Laura, we hope that you've had some great time with your family. I've included some pics so that you could see what Mary Kate's been up to this week. We've had a great Thanksgiving Break. We started off in Griffin with the 5th Annual Turkey Trot 5K. I (Katherine) was able to run in the race this year, which was lots of fun for me. I had a reality check at the finish line when a high school girl zoomed by me. "The old gray mare; she ain't what she used to be!" We had a great time visiting with Griffin folks. To her father's dismay, Mary Kate wore her Tennessee hat and gloves. Everyone gave me a hard time about it, but it's the only warm hat she owns! We've been able to spend a lot of time with both of our families this week. Both of my sisters and grandparents and Rachel (Joel's sis) were able to be here this week. Joe, thanks for bringing my sister home! Mary Kate has been super spoiled by both of her grandmothers. I guess you could say that Joel and I have been spoiled this week as well. We were able to go see Fred Claus and August Rush and we hope to squeeze in another movie before we leave. Right now, we're all piled on the couch watching SEC football. I succeeded in a family sweep with Tennessee beating South Carolina (Stephanie's team), UGA (Joel's team), and Kentucky (Rebecca's team). Needless to say, Joel was not rooting for Tennessee in today's game.

Mary Kate has had a big week! She is able to pull herself up and sit all by herself. She's been crawling on her belly for several months, but she's finally crawling on her hands and knees. She's also pulling herself up to the standing position while holding onto something. It's all very exciting, but it's going way too fast. I miss my little baby! She also got to meet Rebecca's horse, Grace. She wasn't quite ready to saddle up, but she wasn't scared to pet her. If you're interested, you can click on the picture to see more pics.

3 comments:

r.m. said...

Loved, loved, loved seeing you guys! Can't wait to see you again next month for MK's first Christmas!

Dalton and Anna said...

Happy Thanksigiving to you too! We're sad we missed you guys as well...but "I'll be home for Christmas, you can count on me..." or you can count on the Lord and the airplane that's bringing us there...but more so Jesus. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the shout-out!!! I LOVE your blog!! Mary Kate is the cutest thing ever and I am so happy that I get to see her so much!!! :)