7.07.2008

Joel's Man Chair

You know that wish list that you have that you know you'll never get anything on it, but it's still fun to dream about? Joel's had one of those big leather man chairs on his list for a while, but his dream came true this weekend! Some friends of ours were getting rid of their chair because it was too wide, and they very generously gave it to us. I was able to surprise Joel with it when he came home from his sailing trip with seniors. It is absolutely too big for our living room, but he loves it. However, I did make the rule that he still had to snuggle with me on the couch! Here's a picture of him in it with Mary Kate while she's roaring like a lion (her latest thing).

4 comments:

The Elliott's Adventures said...

don't let brad see this. he'll want one too!

r.m. said...

LOVE IT! So glad Joel liked his surprise.

Bethanne said...

That is so funny! Yep, we've got that list too...

Love the chair though! And for free? NICE! It almost makes you love it even more...I love the fact that you have already established a cuddle rule! Our recliner is my favorite chair and sometimes I have to just sit on the couch or Dan and I won't ever get to sit together ever! VERY important. Hee hee.

Bethanne said...

Re: our sit n' stand...It does come with an extra attachment for an infant seat to be up in front and kids to still be in the back, but I can't speak for that part of it first-hand. It is supposed to fit almost every kind of infant carrier too. We LOVE the stroller though and I get stopped by people everywhere we go asking about it. I've heard you can actually get 3 kids on it (one in front, one sitting in the back and one standing up in back)...It is from Baby Trend and it is VERY affordable (we got it new for around $100). Leah loves the freedom in the back (on knees, sitting forwards or backwards, or standing up) and Jax loves it too. We have even let him sit in the back in Leah's seat and he does well there too. It was honestly one of the best purchases we made with two kids...and for the money! Good luck!