Week 2 has looked a little different. A few of us on the assigned team came down with strep. Mary Kate got it before me. Poor thing had a high fever for 2 days, but once her fever went down and she got some antibiotics, she was bouncing around camp again. Then, I got it and it knocked me out. I was in bed for 26 hours straight and the next 2 days were kind of in waves of feeling good and feeling icky. Joel was superman and took care of me and the kids, and kept up with his camp duties. I decided that being sick at camp is a whole lot better than being sick at home. At camp, someone else is cooking the meals and there's enough people to rally around the kids to make sure they're taken care of. Amy Davenport even folded my laundry that Joel washed.
It has been so fun watching the summer staff and work crew love on our kids. Yesterday, one of the summer staff girls at the craft shack let Mary Kate pick out some beads and made her a bracelet. Then, one of the work crew guys bought Ford a ball in the store and took him outside to play catch...so sweet.
 |
|
MK did the high swing again...and again. This time, I got pictures. |
 |
| Ford playing around in program's Mario Cart. |
 |
| I love this picture from the Opera. |
 |
| Program has been doing a great job. Chris, Tim, and Bryan make a great team. I just wish everyone could see Bryan a.k.a Mario singing in the opera...cracks me up. |
 |
| This is Big Mike. He's a special needs kid from Greenville, SC. Yesterday, the Capernaum kids did the ropes course. Big Mike was not going to do it, but at the very end, he came up to Joel and asked him if could do it. He rocked it! Then, he walked all the way back to camp with his arm around Joel. At one point, Joel was really wanting to head back and get some rest, but Big Mike made it all worth it. |
 |
| G got pelted by 4 pies at once by his guys AFTER getting dunked in the dunking booth. |
More pics of the kids having fun at the County Fair on the Night that Never Ends!
I've been a little disconnected with what's going on with kids at camp this week with being sick and all. But, I do know that about 340 kids are going to hear about the Cross tonight. After processing through our sin for over a day and struggling with the fact that there's nothing we can do about our separation from God, kids get to hear that Jesus did it all for them. The get to hear that they have a Heavenly Father waiting to dance with them.
1 comment:
Love all the pictures and the updates! Praying for y'all and know the Lord is using you all to do some incredible work in the lives of highschoolers. I am praying that everyone has recovered from being sick! Can't wait to hear about the 3rd week of camp! Love and miss you all!
Post a Comment