Well, it's official! Katherine, Mary Kate and I (and Bo) will be heading to Macon this summer to begin doing ministry there. It will be a new start for us, and we are excited and anxious at the same time. We can't seem to do big things without doing lots of them at once. Last year, Katherine had a miscarriage, we put our dog Jack down because of cancer, and I left for an assignment at Frontier Ranch all in a 24 hour period. This year, we've welcomed Mary Kate, we're selling a house (and a truck too, someday), buying a house, going on assignment and moving to Macon for a new job all in the matter of a couple months. Whew! I get tired thinking about it. But - I am energized as I think of the ways God will challenge, stretch and teach us in these next few months. It's so easy to become complacent. Once I get used to how things work, I tend to begin relying on my own experience and forget to run back to God and say, "How do I do this again, and would you mind helping me with it?" Jesus was so right when He said that apart from Him, we can do nothing (John 15:5). I want to remain in Him, to see me decrease and to see Him increase. I want to know Him! Moving to Macon is right where He wants the Kennedys, because there, all of our comforts, our experiences, will be removed except for the comfort of Him. I can't wait!
Christianity & Patriotism, part 2
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment