
We had a fun week at the beach on vacation with my family two weeks ago. I think Nana said that this was the 22nd year that we've been going to the beach as a family. I'm so thankful for the times that we've had together. It is interesting to look back and see how my experiences at the beach have changed--going from a little girl and spending every second that I could on the beach digging holes, riding the waves, and playing with my cousins to being a teenager and making it my goal to get as tan as possible without using sunscreen (I hate that stuff, but I'm definitely a supporter of it now) to being a young adult with my love for the sand and salty ocean fading and spending more and more time playing cards with Nana inside. Well, everything changed this year with a one year old at the beach. I was a bit apprehensive about a week in the sand with Mary Kate, but it ended up being the most fun I've had on the beach since my wave-riding days. She absolutely loved it! She soaked up every moment that she could from building sand castles with Daddy to searching for shells with Granna to chasing birds down the beach to playing with her cousin, Victoria, to running into the water to checking out the kayaks and taking long walks on the beach (she would throw a fit if we'd try to get her to turn around). It made the 30 minutes it took to get her ready for the beach worth it. There are a few pictures highlighted below, but if you want to see more,
click here.
.JPG)
The fam at Lulu's
Grandaddy and Nana

Joel and I surfing in on a wave.

...and, this is what happened when the next wave crashed down on me!

Victoria and Mary Kate playing on the beach
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I know you feel so blessed to be able to give MK and baby boy the opportunity to make the same wonderful beach memories you cherish. I love the one of your kayak crash...were you a rockette in your past life...that's one straight leg!
Kristen
looks like tons of fun. can you believe that you will have a little boy with you wanting to crawl around in the sand next summer? I am so excited to meet him.
Those pictures are adorable! Love the upside down one in the canoe...we almost died in Hawaii one time trying to canoe around the big crags. Sigh. Memories. :)
Having kids lets you experience things in a whole new light, doesn't it? It is amazing how we can truly find such joy in the little things and discoveries again. Too bad we forgot them for so long!
Post a Comment