I can't believe that we have lived in Macon for a year. I feel like this year has flown by. It's been an interesting year. In some ways, I can say that this has been the greatest year of my life--getting to stay at home with Mary Kate and be there for every new, fun thing that she does; learning what it looks like to be a wife AND a mother; becoming a better friend; being excited about our little boy on the way. One of my favorite things about this year has been having a Bible Study for the Girl YL Leaders. I'm looking forward to doing that again this year. However, there are lots of things that have made this a hard year as well. I still have many moments that I miss Griffin--our little house on Bieze, our walking/running loop and saying hey to friends along the way, the field where we would play with Jack and Bo, great friends, everything being 5 seconds away, Tuesday mornings (not the store), and other things. Making the transition from being busy 24-7 with teaching and Young Life to staying in my house all day with MK was different. Of course, having to meet new people and find new friends is exciting, but a challenge. I think seeing my role in Young Life change has been the hardest thing--well, not really my role in Young Life, but more in the way I support Joel in YL. By not being a leader, I don't know kid's names, I'm not at club, I'm not at campaigners, I'm not at camp...which leaves me totally disconnected to Joel's ministry with kids (not to mention the huge amount of time that we don't have together). My role now, which I'm just as passionate about, is more of keeping the homefront a refuge for Joel, praying for the ministry, and being the cheerleader on the sidelines. Yes, I know these things are just as critical as direct ministry and I know that this is where the Lord is calling me and that Joel desires and appreciates these things. All I'm saying is that it's been a transition that has taken some getting used to. Let's just face it--I'm no Wanda McSwain. So, my desires and prayers for this year are to be less selfish about having to give Joel up most nights of the week, make more of an effort to know more kids, hopefully go to club every now and then, be a prayer warrior...and unrelated to Young Life--reach out to others more, develop deep friendships, and have an undivided heart for God. Well, there's really lots more desires that I have for this year, but I'll keep it minimal for whoever is still reading this post. A huge thanks to everyone that has loved on us and made us feel at home as we adjust to life in Macon--the YL committee, Laura, and leaders have been awesome, FPC (church, bible study, home group, and Sunday school foks) have been so welcoming, and the Kinnebrews (we're glad y'all stayed in Macon).

MK at 3 months when we moved to Macon.

MK one year later.
4 comments:
we are so glad ya'll are here. Ya'll have made our first year easier too.
thankful for you!
Time sure does fly by doesn't it?
Being a SAHM was a MAJOR change in my life too. And I do miss some things, but I'm sure you'd agree that you would never change a thing. Your time with MK is irreplaceable and precious. And a boy BTW? That is exciting!!! Good luck though, they are wired so totally different...
I understand about having to share your spouse with their job/responsibility too. It is hard for me! :) Hopefully you can get more involved in a supporting (and attending) role in YL so that you can be a part of THAT part of Joel's life too. And again for you. That is why I try and attend all of Dan's baseball games and eat lunch with him at least once a week at school!
moving is hard. we definitely know about that. and transitioning from staff to leader was extremely tough. i know how you feel. so good to know that God is so good and with us in all of our transitions.
joel is more blessed than he knows! your heart is amazing.
Post a Comment