1.17.2009

While Mommy's Gone

Of course, everything would go wrong the first time I leave Joel with both of the kids for an extended period of time. Bless his heart. This weekend, I went to a women's conference at my church. I was gone for about 4 hours Friday night and about 6 hours on Saturday. He was wonderful about the whole thing, encouraging me to stay out late, have a great time, and he kept assuring me that everything would be fine. Well, when I get in my car to go home on Friday, I had 8 missed calls from him. Apparently, Ford would not take his bottle and was screaming for quite a while. Finally, he took it and everything was okay. On Saturday, I get a call from him saying that MK had pink eye. He called the after hours nurses and they set up a doctor appointment for her, but she had to be there in 30 minutes before the office closed. Well, that wasn't possible because I had the car with the carseats. Luckily, we were able to get a prescription for her pink eye anyway. Now, I'm home with an exhausted husband who just said, "I don't know how you do this everyday."

2 comments:

Cortney Linares said...

Tee hee...I heard the same kind of comment from my hubby not too long ago. Where on earth did MK get pink eye? I guess the same place Victoria keeps getting these respiratory infections...who knows! Hope the kids feel better soon.

robin k said...

Sounds like your week ended like it began. What a stretching week!I hope today was restful for all 4 of you!