Tonight, I had one of my favorite conversations with Mary Kate...and it happened on the potty. Just as I was putting her to bed, she said that she needed to potty, so I sat there with her and we talked about the day while she took care of business. A video of it would do it much more justice because her facial expressions were awesome, but I'm not in the habit of videoing potty time. It went something like this...
MK: You have a fun day, Mommy?
K: Yes, it was a real fun day. What was your favorite part?
MK: The horsies. I like to ride the horsies. (We went to the Cotton Pickin' Fair today and she rode a pony ride...twice) And, the jumpy thing.
funny facial expression
MK: Poop. I have lots of poop. You STINK my poop, Mommy?
K: What?
MK: funny facial expression, you could tell that she was trying to figure out what she meant to say...she sniffs...You SMELL my poop?...sniff
K: Yes, I can smell it.
MK: Do you like it. It smells good.
K: No, I don't like it.
MK: Bad, poop smells bad.
funny facial expression
MK: Where's Sleeping Beauty?
K: I think she's in bed sleeping.
MK: No, I broke her head off. (several weeks ago, she broke the head off of her sleeping beauty doll...hasn't mentioned it until now)
K: Well, she had to go away since you broke her head off. We should get you some more princesses to put in your new princess purse (Granna bought her a princess purse with her name on it--which we waited for an hour and a half to get her name put on it :)--at the fair)
MK: Princesses!!! (She said this extremely excitedly, making her eyes really big, and smiling...if you've seen that face, you know what I mean)
K: Yes, do you like princesses?
MK: Yes (funny, thoughtful facial expression) Uuuh, YEP! Yep, Daddy says yep. (she has never said "yep" before)
K: Laughing...Yes, Daddy does say yep.
some conversation that I can't remember...
MK: I want to go to school. (she just started going to MMO a few hours on Tuesday morning)
K: Do you like school? Do you like learning new things?
MK: still with her excited expression...I like snack. We have snack at school.
K: Oh, what do you eat for a snack?
MK: Goldfishes. I like cups. I like Julie (one of her teachers) Tomorrow, I go to church.
K: What do you do at church?
MK: I chi. I chi for you and Daddy (as she says this, she reaches out and gently touches my face)
K: after I figure out what she's saying...Why do you cry for Mommy and Daddy?
MK: I get happy after I chi. I play on the big playground. I eat snack.
K: What do you eat for a snack?
MK: Goldfishes!
K: Really, that's funny that you eat those at school and church, but refuse to eat them at home! What do you talk about at church?
MK: Jesus! (as she cups my face) Mommy, I'm done. I'm ready to go to bed.
we take care of business and head to bed
MK: Mommy, sing Jesus to me.
K: Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, There is something about that name...
MK: Mommy, sing Everyone (I have no idea what Everyone is, but she always asks us to sing it. So, we make it up)
K: Everyone, Everyone, Everyone...
MK: Daddy sings Everyone, too! I want to see Stessi at Thanksgiving.
K: Okay, sweetheart, we'll see Stessi at Thanksgiving. I love you, goodnight.
MK: Mommy, we still waiting for Thanksgiving?
K: Yes, sweetheart. Goodnight.
Okay, I know that was super long and possibly boring to many, but it was one of those priceless moments that I had to document for the sake of never forgetting it...not that I think I ever will. She was just too cute for words. Here's a few pics of our fun day at the fair.
Mary Kate after she got her princess hat. She wore this all day long.
Shopping for purses like a pro. She certainly didn't get that from me since I refuse to carry a purse.
Showing off her new purse with her name on it.
9 comments:
That's beautiful, Katherine ! I just love those kind of precious conversations with Lucy too. Hope to see you guys around Christmas !
Katherine. I Loved reading this post! MK is too cute! Those comments were too cute.
ok, i seriously love that you have a fair called the cotton pickin' fair. that is awesome!
and i love these moments with our kids, i love the facial expressions, and just the innocence of it all. i love that they are SO literal. what a great "potty" conversation...that is SO funny.
Oh my goodness. i don't know that it gets any better than that!
By the way, we're having a BOY!
makes me want a daughter....in a few years of course! :)
how beautiful!
This just blesses my heart. Kat - I am really going to try and update our blog soon - I really want to - I'm such a slacker. Thanks for being so faithful in your blog arena - it's so precious to me and helps me stay connected. I can't wait to have conversations like this with Isaiah. Love you guys and have been missing you guys so much lately. I hear ticket prices might go on sale the end of Oct. - keep praying for a miracle so we can come home and I can hold that precious boy of yours for the first time! And you mine! :) Love you Katherine - very much.
I love this... too cute. I could just picture her face. I miss you and your family. I ran into a friend of yours today here at camp. Sarah from Frontier, I think she may have been in your wedding or what not. Anyway she says hey.
-Steebo
very cute kat. i cant wait for thanksgiving either and to see you guys again. apparently mk only wants to see stessi though, :(
you better watch this girl she seems to be following my foot steps with this horse passion of hers. love you guys
Post a Comment