Okay, I've been debating for the last two weeks about sharing this blog with you. There's no doubt that some of you that read this have already been changed by the life and death of Sara Sullivan. However, she is a stranger to me, yet no story has ever moved me so much. For most people, the Sullivan's journey over the past 7+ months would swallow them up into a hole of darkness. Yet, when you read their story, nothing but the GLORY OF JESUS CHRIST is evident. The entry that I read today was about the Refiner's Fire. When I look at Sara's life, all I see is the image of Christ. Her refinement process was complete. As scary and hot as the Refiner's fire is, I desire to be refined. I want Jesus to be what people see when they look at me, but I am so far away from that. God is using Sara's life and death to refine people's lives, including mine. I don't really know why I didn't share this sooner. I think it was because I didn't feel like is was my story to share. I didn't want to treat it like a train wreck that everyone stops to see. But, then God reminded me that this is HIS story and it should be shouted from the rooftops. In the words of her husband, Brady, "be different by knowing the Christ that Sara knew."
2 comments:
Katherine, that was such a moving and heartbreaking story of the Sullivan family. Thank you so much for sharing it! It reminded me of a blog I read sometimes. I came across it awhile ago and it touched me so much. The blog is www.themcclenahans.blogspot.com. The attitude and faith that all these families have is so inspiring! Thank you again.
Rachel Witbeck
Wow, don't i feel like a big pile of selfishness. This is an unbelievable story and certainly puts my life's "trials" into perspective. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Hopefully if people do stop to stare at the "train wreck" their lives will also be changed just as yours was. I know my heart was greatly moved and challenged by this story - and I think I'm going to take some time to read more of their blog and just let the gold that is found in their fire teach me and hopefully accept the invitation to go deeper into my own fire so that He can produce gold out of my junk. Incredibly story - thanks Kat.
Post a Comment