
Ford had his first outing today. I wish it was more exciting than a doctor's appointment, but we were so thankful to get a good report. I've been a little worried about him because of his jaundice (I'm sure you can tell in the pictures), spitting up huge amounts and a lack of wet diapers. However, he got a great report from the doctor. We were all amazed that he is now weighing 8 pounds 1 ounce after leaving the hospital at 7 pounds 7 ounces. That was a lot of reassurance that everything is good. The jaundice should clear up in a couple of days on its own. He's started peeing a lot more now. And, the doctor thinks that the spitting up is because I have a lot of milk. Okay, I realize that most of you who read this blog could probably care less that my son is peeing and that the milk is flowing, but I'm just thankful that he's healthy. He has been a joy these first few days. I'm ready for him to get out of the sleepy stage and be more alert. He opens his eyes very rarely, which is so different than Mary Kate who was alert from Day 1. I've been so thankful to have my mom here this week to help out. She's been a huge blessing with Mary Kate. I think the hardest thing right now is not being able to give MK the attention that I want to. I cringe in my heart
everytime I say, "No, Mommy's got the baby right now."

3 comments:
Glad to hear he's doing well. I think he looks like Mary Kate!
Yes, the not being able to spend the time you want to with your first is the hardest, and will be for a while. My mom gave me a great analogy for bringing a new baby into the family...too long to share here, but remind me to tell you sometime...very funny and very true :) Glad to hear that all is well and can't wait to meet him in person! Enjoy your Thanksgiving :)
Thanks for the update, Katherine! i'm glad things are off to a good start and we know what we can be praying for. It is such a blessing to have another loving pair of hands around in those early days! Despite all of my guilt, Ethan ATE UP EVERY SECOND he had of having his Mimi all to himself! They had sweet bonding time AND he and Evan did have some sweet moments even in the early days. You're such a good Momma! i can't wait to meet Ford.
Post a Comment